Response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Dear valued customers and business partners,
For the past two months, we have been monitoring the developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation daily, offering guidance and regular updates. However, with the virus now detected in several places across the Europe, we are intensifying our organizational response.
All HELIOS production sites are based in Europe and are continuously running without any disruptions. At the moment, we are not aware of any cases of coronavirus spread between our employees or within our locations. In addition, HELIOS also maintains a strong position in terms of inventories and strongly developed network of multiple sources. We are also in close communication with our suppliers in order to assess possible risks in their supply chains.
At this time, we still do not anticipate any impact on our supply chain as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. As the situation in Italy changes daily and may have some impact on our supply chain, we will keep you further informed. The same applies for the operations of our company Ecopolifix, located in Italy, which currently runs separate communication with all customers and business partners.
At HELIOS, safety and health is important. That is why we have drawn up several measures and guidelines to prevent possible spread of coronavirus infection at the workplace and business trips, as well guidelines on meetings and events and visitors.
At the workplace:
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water or disinfecting hands if water and soap are not available (as directed by the national public health institutes).
- Avoiding close contacts with people who show signs of infectious disease and visitors from Italy or other high-risk coronavirus areas, Italy, China, South Korea.
- Following the rules of cough hygiene (as directed by the national public health institutes).
- In case we feel sick, we stay at home. If any employee has a family member with a coronavirus infection, they should notify their superiors.
- Avoiding enclosed spaces/rooms with large numbers of people and provide regular ventilation of enclosed spaces.
- Cleaning and regularly disinfecting objects and surfaces that we frequently touch.
On business trips:
- All trips to Italy or other high-risk coronavirus areas are banned until further notice.
- Preventive hygiene measures should be followed on all business trips. Close contacts with people who show signs of infection should be avoided.
- After returning from all business trips, we monitor our health for about 14 days - if fever, malaise and cough occur during this time, we consult doctor and stay at home.
- Employees who have been in high-risk coronavirus areas, Italy, China, South Korea in the last 14 days should immediately report this to their superiors and stay at home.
Meetings and events:
The number of meetings, events and trainings at our locations will be reduced as much as possible and postponed to a more convenient time.
- If possible, we are using long-distance alternatives, such as phone-conference calling or Skype calls.
- We will postpone all meetings and visits of customers and business partners coming from Italy and other high-risk coronavirus areas until it is determined that the corona-situation is under control.
Visitors from outside of HELIOS:
All visitors at HELIOS locations (customers, business partners, suppliers, contractors) must inform us whether they visited high-risk coronavirus areas, Italy, China, South Korea in the last 14 days. In such cases, the visitors are not allowed to enter the premises.
- All visitors at HELIOS locations should have their temperature checked before entering our premises. Visitors with a fever are not allowed to enter the premises.
- HELIOS will provide designated areas and facilities for suppliers, e.g. truck drivers.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this exceptional situation. Should you require any update, your regular contact persons within all HELIOS companies are at your disposal.